Smart Creation, the podcast, invites you to explore the potential of sustainable fashion.
For this episode, we are pleased to welcome Kenji Higashi,Head of Business Development & Sustainability at Spiber Inc. a new alternative material.
« One of the most important thing is transparency in the supply chain. If a young designer has the choice between two materials, two different factories or different processes, If one is more transparent than the other, it can make the difference, he should always choose the most transparent option. »
This week we are meeting with Kenji, he is responsable for Business development and sustainability at Spiber which is a biotech material company that has develop a way to brewed protein fiber an another protein material thought a fermentation process.
Kenji ensures that all the materials that they are producing are made in the most sustainable way possible. This small but fast growing company working hard to offer new solution to the fashion industry. Their materials has been used last year to create North Face products, one of the most sustainable solution on the market.
In this episode, Kenji is going through all the material Spiber has been develop and how the nature has been a major inspiration in this alternative material.
Smart Creation, the podcast of Première Vison :
- Première Vision launches Smart Creation, the podcast. Listen to the first episode!
- Episode 2: Matteo Mantellassi, CEO of MANTECO.
- Episode 3: Flavio Berto, he is the CEO of Berto a manufacture based in Italy and specialized in Denim.
- Episode 4: Michael Lam from Advanced Denim during the May 2019 Denim Première Vision show in Milan based in China.
- Episode 5: Nicolò Zumaglini, he is the CEO at Lanificio Subalpino.
- Episode 6: Andreas Andrén, Chief Operating Officer at We aRe SpinDye® (SE).
- Episode 7: Monique Maissan, Founder and CEO of Waste2Wear® (CN).
- Episode 8: Deborah Berger, Deputy General Manager, Nativa Precious Fiber (FR).
- Episode 9: Marina Coutelan, Fashion Manager for Smart Creation at Première Vision, she deciphers Première Vision’s initiatives in terms of responsible fashion and shares her favourite materials and companies by type of product sought!
- Episode 10: Jeanine Ballone, Managing Director at Fashion 4 Development Solutions.
- Episode 11: Isaac Nichelson, CEO & Co-founder at Circular SystemsTM.
- Episode 12: Guido Zilli, who is in charge of the communication and sustainability at the italian tannery Gruppo Dani.
- Episode 13: Marie Demaegdt, Textile & Sustainability Director at the CELC (European Confederation of Linen and Hemp) is the only European agro-industrial organization bringing together and federating all the stages of production and transformation for flax and hemp.
- Episode 14 : Francesco Marini, Designer and Innovation manager chez Marini Industrie SpA.
- Episode 15 : Ruth Farrell – Global Marketing Director at Eastman Naia TM.
- Episode 16 : Pierre-Nicolas Hurstel CEO & Co-founder at Arianee
- Episode 17 : Kutay Saritosun, Director of Fashion Brands at Bluesign Technologies
- Episode 18 : Kevin Germanier, Founder of the brand Germanier.
- Episode 19 : Olivier Raynaud, Owner and General manager of Raynaud Jeune