SMART CREATION, the podcast, invites you to explore the potential of sustainable fashion. Discover the latest products and global initiatives from key upstream players to help make the move to a more responsible fashion industry. Twice monthly, on Wednesday, share the experience of a new guest joining us to unveil a new generation of values combining creativity, innovation and sustainability.
In this second episode we meet up with Matteo Mantellassi, CEO of MANTECO.
Manteco opened in Prato in 1943, thanks to the vision of Enzo Mantellassi, and began producing outerwear fabrics. In 1967, Enzo’s son Franco Mantellassi took over the reins, expanding and developing the company while also developing it into a model of responsibility, innovation and sustainability. Today, Franco has been joined by his sons Marco and Matteo, who are the protagonists of a new story grounded in the company’s unique know-how, an archive of 40,000 prototypes, and a production capacity topping 7 million metres of fabric per year.
Manteco has always remained faithful to the Made in Italy tradition, refusing to relocate production to countries with a lower cost of labour. This choice has allowed the company to maintain its high-quality and focus on details, guaranteeing excellent service for its customer. Manteco’s fabrics embody the right balance between craftsmanship and industrialization, joining experience and tradition to cutting-edge technology.
Today, Manteco exports to over 30 countries around the world and counts among its leading customers the most important international fashion brands, together with whom the company ensures a sustainable and controlled development of the sector. The company’s fabrics are exported to numerous countries around the world, an export activity backed by a customer service that pays close attention to the needs of the market.
Discover its products on the Première Vision Marketplace
Stay tuned and enjoy!
Smart Creation, the podcast of Première Vison :
- Première Vision launches Smart Creation, the podcast. Listen to the first episode!
- Episode 2: Matteo Mantellassi, CEO of MANTECO.
- Episode 3: Flavio Berto, he is the CEO of Berto a manufacture based in Italy and specialized in Denim.
- Episode 4: Michael Lam from Advanced Denim during the May 2019 Denim Première Vision show in Milan based in China.
- Episode 5: Nicolò Zumaglini, he is the CEO at Lanificio Subalpino.
- Episode 6: Andreas Andrén, Chief Operating Officer at We aRe SpinDye® (SE).
- Episode 7: Monique Maissan, Founder and CEO of Waste2Wear® (CN).
- Episode 8: Deborah Berger, Deputy General Manager, Nativa Precious Fiber (FR).
- Episode 9: Marina Coutelan, Fashion Manager for Smart Creation at Première Vision, she deciphers Première Vision’s initiatives in terms of responsible fashion and shares her favourite materials and companies by type of product sought!
- Episode 10: Jeanine Ballone, Managing Director at Fashion 4 Development Solutions.
- Episode 11: Isaac Nichelson, CEO & Co-founder at Circular SystemsTM.
- Episode 12: Guido Zilli, who is in charge of the communication and sustainability at the italian tannery Gruppo Dani.
- Episode 13: Marie Demaegdt, Textile & Sustainability Director at the CELC (European Confederation of Linen and Hemp) is the only European agro-industrial organization bringing together and federating all the stages of production and transformation for flax and hemp.
- Episode 14: Francesco Marini, Designer and Innovation manager at Marini Industrie SPA.