For 50 years,
Première Vision has been the source
of inspiration and creation
Nourish, inspire, decipher trends for fashion professionals. We are a creator of encounters and business opportunities, historically via our shows, for all the players in the industry – designers, stylists, managers… – who come here to create and design their future collections.
As a true business accelerator for the global fashion industry, Première Vision aims to:
. Capture creativity at its source, to decrypt it, and summarise coming trends to offer inspiring fashion information throughout the year,
. Take the pulse of global business and share it with industry professionals, thanks to a selective offer and differentiating services with high added value,
. Raise the awareness of professionals regarding industry challenges by providing the larger picture and concrete answers for the future of creative fashion: Smart Creation (eco-responsibility), Wearable Lab (fashion tech), training, support for young talent…
. Connect the market’s players, both in person and on-line, at its trade shows and on the web thanks to the industry’s first marketplace launched in September 2018.
45 years of history
Created in 1973 by some fifteen silk industry professionals from Lyons, Première Vision invented a new and unprecedented platform for the creative fashion industry. A platform that brought together, in one trade fair, industry professionals from the same sector looking to collaborate, to promote their know-how and to develop their business opportunities, while introducing the first coordinated development of seasonal colour and fabric fashion trends.
Over the years, Première Vision adeptly diversified its activities, most notably by regularly integrating new shows in France and abroad, while expanding its areas of expertise and its knowledge of the various fashion industry activity sectors.
At all its shows is found the same approach, based on innovation and a constant search for quality services, to propose a selective and creative offer with high added-value.
Some 45 years later, this rare French jewel of a company has established itself as the world’s leading organiser of events and trade fairs for creative fashion, with 12 events per year featuring 5,200 major industry players and 180,000 international visitors.
The main event: Première Vision Paris
Twice a year, Première Vision Paris brings together all the players in raw materials and services for the production of apparel, bags, shoes and fantasy jewellery, to effectively assist fashion professionals develop their collections. This hub of meetings and inspirations is both a unique place to do business and a trend laboratory.
Yarns, fabrics, leathers and furs, textile designs, accessories and components, and a selection of fashion manufacturing companies offering a sourcing service… Each season, Première Vision Paris takes up the challenge of bringing together in one place all the resources needed to build the most cutting-edge collections of ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes and fantasy jewellery on the market.
The Première Vision Ecosystem
Complementing its leading event, the Première Vision group has enriched its offer of professional events aimed at assisting industry professionals to develop their product offering throughout the year:
- 2 editions of the Denim Première Vision show, roaming between influential European capitals. Destined for creative fashion and contemporary denim markets, the show presents the latest developments and innovations from a selection of international players chosen from the best in the denim industry to fashion brands and jeanswear specialists;
- 1 annual edition of Made In France Première Vision, in Paris: dedicated to promoting all French industry production regions and know-how: clothing, accessories, fabrics, leather;
- 1 annual edition of Blossom Première Vision, in Paris: an exclusive event dedicated to the pre-collections of high-end, luxury and creative fashion brands, who come to discover a preview of the earliest fabrics, leather and accessories directions;
- 2 international shows: Première Vision New York : a strategic presence for the group, which is today a key player in North America.
- 1 show launched in 2019,Première Vision Sport, specialized in sport and performant materials for fashion and sportswear brands, organized in Portland, USA in partnership with the leader in footwear for sport, the American Events’ THE MATERIAL SHOW.
- 1 new show launched in 2020, Première Vision Shenzhen, a side-by-side show located in the heart of one of the leading textile and fashion shows in Asia, Fashion Source, which takes place twice a year in Shenzhen. This new event brings together a creative range of materials – yarns, fabrics, accessories, leathers, designs – from a wide selection of Asian and European suppliers.
A major strategic evolution in 2018: The Première Vision Marketplace
By launching the first Marketplace exclusively dedicated to industry professionals, the goal of Première Vision is to draw on the complementary e-commerce channel in the still traditional textile industry sector, to offer new services and new tools. The Marketplace is launching this September.
The Première Vision Marketplace, a true digital catalogue and professional community space, extends and complements the business relationships initiated at the 12 events it organizes each year.
It allows visitors to sample or order products from different exhibitors and pay in one easy transaction. It helps multiply sales opportunities on the suppliers’ side, and facilitate sourcing for brands.
With this tutorial, find out how to access our marketplace and all the features that allow you to bookmark your favourite products, network, sample and order from your suppliers on our site.
By bringing together 6 fields of expertise (yarns/fibres, fabrics, leather, textile designs, accessories and components, fashion manufacturing) around 4 markets – clothing, leather goods, footwear and fashion jewellery – Première Vision has made its mark as an international reference in terms of inspiration, creativity, business, the foresight and detection of trends destined to emerge months later in the markets, as well as decoding major issues destined to drive change across the entire sector.