Smart Creation, the podcast, invites you to explore the potential of sustainable fashion.
For this 12th episode, we are pleased to welcome Guido Zilli, who is in charge of the communication and sustainability at the italian tannery Gruppo Dani.
« Leather can also be seen as a sustainable product. We process an existing product from another sector: the meat sector or the diary sector. The leather sector from an historical perspective is a proactive agent in the framework of a circular economy. The origin of the product is important as we give value to an existing product from another sector. »
Dani is exhibiting at Première Vision Leather.
Dani identifies itself in the idea of sustainable management.
The following things exist in this idea: social and territorial inclusion, the protection of natural resources and investment return.
This obligation is clearly expressed by the logo: “Sustainable leather”, which directs strategic choices, daily behaviour, and the proposals created for our stakeholders.
Thanks to the innovative technology used, leather tanning now respects the environment.
By covering all the production cycle phases, Dani has implemented systems for efficiently managing natural resources and safely recovering by-products and waste.
Sustainability does not just mean satisfying legal limits. It also means finding innovative solutions that favour the environment, the people who work for Dani and the local communities.
All this is possible thanks to Dani’s collaborations with the companies in Arzignano: chemical companies, purification plants, machine producers and companies that recover and promote tannery by-products.
Smart Creation, the podcast of Première Vison :
- Première Vision launches Smart Creation, the podcast. Listen to the first episode!
- Episode 2: Matteo Mantellassi, CEO of MANTECO.
- Episode 3: Flavio Berto, he is the CEO of Berto a manufacture based in Italy and specialized in Denim.
- Episode 4: Michael Lam from Advanced Denim during the May 2019 Denim Première Vision show in Milan based in China.
- Episode 5: Nicolò Zumaglini, he is the CEO at Lanificio Subalpino.
- Episode 6: Andreas Andrén, Chief Operating Officer at We aRe SpinDye® (SE).
- Episode 7: Monique Maissan, Founder and CEO of Waste2Wear® (CN).
- Episode 8: Deborah Berger, Deputy General Manager, Nativa Precious Fiber (FR).
- Episode 9: Marina Coutelan, Fashion Manager for Smart Creation at Première Vision, she deciphers Première Vision’s initiatives in terms of responsible fashion and shares her favourite materials and companies by type of product sought!
- Episode 10: Jeanine Ballone, Managing Director at Fashion 4 Development Solutions.
- Episode 11: Isaac Nichelson, CEO & Co-founder at Circular SystemsTM.
- Episode 12: Guido Zilli, who is in charge of the communication and sustainability at the italian tannery Gruppo Dani.
- Episode 13: Marie Demaegdt, Textile & Sustainability Director at the CELC (European Confederation of Linen and Hemp) is the only European agro-industrial organization bringing together and federating all the stages of production and transformation for flax and hemp.
- Episode 14: Francesco Marini, Designer and Innovation manager at Marini Industrie SPA.