SEAQUAL is as an Initiative to challenge Plastic Pollution and clean the oceans from Marine Litter, driving society towards circularity.
Every year are estimated that 12M (million) tons of plastic find their way to our oceans, polluting and depleting our most important shared natural resource.
It is estimated that less than 5% of this plastic is found on our beaches and coasts.
Barely 1% of marine plastics are found floating at or near the ocean surface. 94% of the plastic that enters the ocean ends up on the ocean floor.
Approximately 80% of global ocean plastics come from land-based sources, and the remaining 20% comes from comes from plastics released at seas.
The European Commission estimates that plastics make up 80–85 % of marine litter by count, and that single-use plastics account for about half of this.
SEAQUAL voices an emotion and the commitment to offer humankind the power of having the choice towards a Clean Ocean. SEAQUAL is offering a unique value to companies and brands willing to commit for good:
– engaging them ‘Together for a Clean Ocean’,
– helping them to reach their sustainable Goals
– inspiring consumers and communities.
Partnering Foundation FUTUREWAY, aligned with the UN Global Compact 17 Sustainable Goals, SEAQUAL acts ‘Glocaly’ collaborating with Brands developing customized projects to support local communities towards a free waste environment.
SEAQUAL collaborative model involves NGO’s, Fishermen, Researchers, Scientists, Authorities and Private Stakeholders.
The SEAQUAL Initiative also contributes to revalue post-consumer waste lost in the environment by developing and supporting cleaning initiatives, engaging and inspiring industry and consumers.
Products with ‘UPCYCLED MARINE PLASTIC’, have certified material traceability (‘DNA tracer inside’). This certification forms part of an exclusive licensing system created by SEAQUAL connecting the value chain.
Collaborating with SEAQUAL is supporting this virtuous economic model to help to end Plastic Pollution, driving communities to circularity.
SEAQUAL starting point was the Mediterranean Sea, in the coast of Spain with more than 1500 fishermen and 400 ships. SEAQUAL has initially focused its efforts on upcycling the plastic found in their fishing nets. Then scaled up from Europe to extend SEAQUAL network to Asia and Africa, not only linking with local fishermen but also Authorities, beach and other cleaning initiatives.
At Première Vision fair, SEAQUAL will be exhibited at A. SAMPAIO & FILHOS, CATLAND, GIPITEX, GRUPPO DONDI, LEMAR, LMA – LEANDRO MANUEL ARAUJO, MATIAS – ARAUJO, PONTETORTO, SETEX TEXTIL, SOFILETA, SOMELOS TECIDOS, SPORTWEAR ARGENTONA, TEJIDOS REBES, TEXTIL SANTANDERINA, TIBA TRICOT, TMG TEXTILES, VERNE ET CLET.
Join us @seaqualfriends
Web : seaqual.org