Sorona® launched a new brand architecture and hangtag program designed to bring simplicity of choice and fabric confidence to designers and apparel brands. The new fabric collections offered by mills are tested and certified through the DuPont™ Sorona® Fabric Common Thread Certification Program to assure the fabrics have the unique molecular footprint of partially plant-based Sorona® polymer as well as meet key fabric performance attributes. Apparel brands and designers are able to request that mills provide their DuPont™ Sorona® Fabric Common Thread Certificate to show their Sorona® fabrics truly have the unique fabric performance and feeling that Sorona® fibers provide.
We believe in trust, traceability and transparency throughout the entire supply chain. All Sorona® fabrics are certified through the Common Thread Fabric Certification Program—ensuring the performance our customers deserve, and the accountability our industry needs.
The new sub-brands are:
- Sorona® Agile fabrics, which help to provide better resistance to heat, UV rays and chlorine. They are ideal as an alternative in any garment where spandex-free stretch is needed.
- Sorona® Revive fabrics provide long-lasting performance with shape retention and stretch recovery. When used in athletic wear to casual wear, Sorona® Revive fabrics are soft with dimensional stability.
- Sorona® Profile fabrics retain their shape and provide a consistently smooth look wear-after-wear. Used as a replacement for 100 percent nylon-based fabrics, Sorona® Profile fabrics have improved crease recovery while maintaining a rich handfeel that redefines softness.
- Sorona® Luxe fabrics afford natural fiber blends enhanced performance, softness and recovery. From linen and wool to silk and cotton, natural fabrics now have a smooth handfeel with comfort stretch, dimensional stability and reduced pilling.
- Lightweight Sorona® Aurainsulation fill provides unparalleled softness that redefines how warmth should feel with outstanding fill power and a higher level of thermal insulation. From jackets and pants to gloves and hats, the only thing Sorona® Aura insulation fill retains more than its shape is warmth.
Sorona® answers the global call for sustainably sourced fabrics, bridging the personal and societal at a defining moment in our ecological stewardship.