SMART CREATION, the podcast, invites you to explore the potential of sustainable fashion. For this 7th episode, we met with Monique Maissan, Founder and CEO of Waste2Wear® (CN).
« Other the years, we, as a company we have recycled about 30 million of plastic bottle and we have saved 2,3 million kilo of carbon and 26 million litres of water and about 26mega heads of energy. »
Following 10 years of research, textile engineer Monique Maissan, a firm believer in the industry’s responsible future, launched Waste 2 Wear drawing on plastic-recycling technology. This technology can be used to create yarn, textiles and finished products from recycled waste.
Bottles are first collected at several Indian and Chinese collection points, then cleaned and shredded into flakes. These are then melted and filtered to remove any residual impurities, whereupon they are molded and extruded into yarns. Building on this technology, Waste 2 Wear offers certified yarns, woven and knitted textiles, and finished products, the manufacturing of which consumes 70% less energy, 75% less CO2 and 86% less water than that of traditional materials.
The company is working to develop a completely circular system, in which fashion brands would themselves participate in the virtuous circle of recycled textiles.
The company’s factories and partners are GRS, BSCI and Oekotex certified.
Come discover Waste2Wear® at the Smart Creation platform!
Smart Creation, the podcast of Première Vison :
- Première Vision launches Smart Creation, the podcast. Listen to the first episode!
- Episode 2: Matteo Mantellassi, CEO of MANTECO.
- Episode 3: Flavio Berto, he is the CEO of Berto a manufacture based in Italy and specialized in Denim.
- Episode 4: Michael Lam from Advanced Denim during the May 2019 Denim Première Vision show in Milan based in China.
- Episode 5: Nicolò Zumaglini, he is the CEO at Lanificio Subalpino.
- Episode 6: Andreas Andrén, Chief Operating Officer at We aRe SpinDye® (SE).
- Episode 7: Monique Maissan, Founder and CEO of Waste2Wear® (CN).
- Episode 8: Deborah Berger, Deputy General Manager, Nativa Precious Fiber (FR).
- Episode 9: Marina Coutelan, Fashion Manager for Smart Creation at Première Vision, she deciphers Première Vision’s initiatives in terms of responsible fashion and shares her favourite materials and companies by type of product sought!
- Episode 10: Jeanine Ballone, Managing Director at Fashion 4 Development Solutions.
- Episode 11: Isaac Nichelson, CEO & Co-founder at Circular SystemsTM.
- Episode 12: Guido Zilli, who is in charge of the communication and sustainability at the italian tannery Gruppo Dani.
- Episode 13: Marie Demaegdt, Textile & Sustainability Director at the CELC (European Confederation of Linen and Hemp) is the only European agro-industrial organization bringing together and federating all the stages of production and transformation for flax and hemp.
- Episode 14: Francesco Marini, Designer and Innovation manager at Marini Industrie SPA.