SMART CREATION, the podcast, invites you to explore the potential of sustainable fashion. Discover the latest products and global initiatives from key upstream players to help make the move to a more responsible fashion industry. Twice monthly, on Wednesday, share the experience of a new guest joining us to unveil a new generation of values combining creativity, innovation and sustainability.
In this third episode we meet up with Flavio Berto, he is the CEO of Berto a manufacture based in Italy and specialized in Denim.
« The labor is not the labor for us, for me the labor is my family because it is a 4th generation company, in a small village, so all the people that are working with me are living 20 km from the company. There is workers, their grand grand father was working with my grand grand father. So I cannot do anything unsafe for them. »
Berto Industria Tessile Manifattura 1887 – Italy
Since its founding in 1887 in Bovolenta, Berto has continued its production in the place it was born. Over the decades, research, know-how and an ability to follow changing markets have elevated the company to a central role in the Made in Italy denim production chain. At Berto, sustainability is closely linked to R&D, which is why all its production processes have been redesigned and improved, with, for example, the use of organic cotton and cotec® yarns, natural indigo, high energy-efficient looms (energy savings of 81 tons of CO2 a year), LED lighting systems, eco-finishings, and more. The company has a certified biological sewage treatment plant.
Company certifications: ISO 9001, Consorzio Internazionale Implementazione Detox, BCI, OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100, GOTS
Discover its products on the Première Vision Marketplace
Stay tuned and enjoy!
Smart Creation, the podcast of Première Vison :
- Première Vision launches Smart Creation, the podcast. Listen to the first episode!
- Episode 2: Matteo Mantellassi, CEO of MANTECO.
- Episode 3: Flavio Berto, he is the CEO of Berto a manufacture based in Italy and specialized in Denim.
- Episode 4: Michael Lam from Advanced Denim during the May 2019 Denim Première Vision show in Milan based in China.
- Episode 5: Nicolò Zumaglini, he is the CEO at Lanificio Subalpino.
- Episode 6: Andreas Andrén, Chief Operating Officer at We aRe SpinDye® (SE).
- Episode 7: Monique Maissan, Founder and CEO of Waste2Wear® (CN).
- Episode 8: Deborah Berger, Deputy General Manager, Nativa Precious Fiber (FR).
- Episode 9: Marina Coutelan, Fashion Manager for Smart Creation at Première Vision, she deciphers Première Vision’s initiatives in terms of responsible fashion and shares her favourite materials and companies by type of product sought!
- Episode 10: Jeanine Ballone, Managing Director at Fashion 4 Development Solutions.
- Episode 11: Isaac Nichelson, CEO & Co-founder at Circular SystemsTM.
- Episode 12: Guido Zilli, who is in charge of the communication and sustainability at the italian tannery Gruppo Dani.
- Episode 13: Marie Demaegdt, Textile & Sustainability Director at the CELC (European Confederation of Linen and Hemp) is the only European agro-industrial organization bringing together and federating all the stages of production and transformation for flax and hemp.
- Episode 14: Francesco Marini, Designer and Innovation manager at Marini Industrie SPA.