Wed. January 17 / 10 am – 11 am
Thu. January 18 / 10 am – 11 am
Seminar Room, First floor
Data is showing us that consumers are buying more and using these products fewer times before discarding them. We all know about the issues we face as a fashion community, but what can we do about it today? I’m here to share immediate solutions to circularity that are solving some of these problems in real time. I will cover important topics such as:
- Value hierarchy - the optimal model to preserve the value of products and materials.
- Longevity of product – which material choices help keep your design in circulation as long as possible.
- Design for circularity - think of the end of a product’s life at the beginning of its life.
- Post-consumer opportunities - systems that are in place to collect, sort, disassemble in order to reuse, recycle or down-cycle.
- Carbon reduction – the material choices you make can have an immediate 80% carbon savings.
Talk presented by Liz Alessi, Sustainability Consultant