5 questions for…
Winner of the Première Vision Grand Jury Prize at the Hyères International Festival of Fashion and Photography and member of the 2019 PV Awards jury
1. Please tell us a little about your experience as a member of the Première Vision jury. Anything you fell in love with?
I got a lot of pleasure out of the experience. I am very interested in upcycling, which meant that the focus on sustainable materials in this year’s selection was particularly in tune with my own research.
2. What does AW 20-21 inspire in you?
This year I was completely captivated by the recycled leather yarn (Atko Planning Inc, South Korea), which won the Grand Jury Prize for Leather. That material is simply incredible!
3. What sparks your inspiration?
As I still enjoy the freedom of being a student, my collections are always built around strong storytelling, which often relies on materials I find in flea markets or by rummaging through remaindered stock.
4. If you were a fabric or leather, what would you be?
I would definitely be a second-hand cashmere, a precious fabric that’s already lived through a lot.
5. What does the fashion of the future look like to you?
I hope it will be imbued with fantasy, but most of all I hope it’s more sustainable, high-quality and intelligent.