The cartography of global textiles is shifting. The rise in the cost of raw materials and price increases in China have disrupted the habits of the major textiles buyers, leading them to look for new sourcing alternatives. We are witnessing a reorganisation of the global textile market. Eastern Europe and the Balkans are rapidly developing high production capacities. New textiles regions are emerging: Macedonia, Moldavia and Greece are the new production countries of tomorrow. Furthermore Greece has still cotton and silk textile production with good know-how in design and full package services.The Pan Euro-Med zone continues to increase in power with Fast Fashion production.
Take stock next 11 February at 2 pm at a special conference.
Assessment of 2014
World sourcing trends
Cartography of know-how: the Hidden Potential of Europe’s New Jewels”
Cartography of know-how: What future for the textile industry
Round table, “Perspectives for Development: Tunisia and Morocco,” with the participation of a number of macroeconomic, geopolitical and textile experts.
Experts and speakers:
1. Natasa SIVEVSKA, Executive director, Textile Trade Association of Macedonia – Textile cluster
2. Stephanie SAVOURNIN, Consumer Testing Services, Business Manager CTS Maroc, Maghreb Business Development Manager
3. Valérie CIMETIERE Technical KAM, SGS CTS
4. Mohamed TAZI, General Director of AMITH
5. Tarek BEL HAJ ALI, President of President of the Chamber for workwear producers in Tunisia
6. Hela KHALDI, Representative from Tunisia Export
7. Ulyana SUKACH, International project manager from French Lingerie and Knitting federation
Limited seats. Free access with a Première Vision Pass.
VIP Club, Première Vision Manufacturing, Hall 6
Results and analysis of the Première Vision index for the creative materials industry...Read more ›
Featherweight fabrics, airy textiles, minimal thickness: there’s lightness in the air this winter...Read more ›