With more than 230 carefully-selected exhibitors, Première Vision Leather offers a rich range of products firmly focused on the premium sector.
MORE ON OFFER FOR THE APPAREL, LEATHER GOODS AND FOOTWEAR MARKETS
From February 2017, the sourcing circuit followed by leather buyers and designers will be enriched with the introduction of new features coordinated by Première Vision Fabrics, Leather and Accessories.
- The Style Focus Forum, dedicated to the season’s star silhouettes for the women’s, men’s and casual wear sectors – located in Première Vision Fabrics, Hall 5 – will now include a selection of leathers, to complement the fabrics and components offer on display there.
- To optimise the buyer circuit and illustrate the interconnection between Première Vision Accessories and Première Vision Leather, the accessories offer for footwear and leather goods is being moved to the Première Vision Leather Trends Gallery in Hall 3. As a result, the Shoe Focus forum in Hall 4 is replaced by the Bag & Shoe Elements zone at the heart of the Première Vision Leather Trends Gallery. An area which will present the technical and decorative components specifically designed for the footwear and leather goods markets, arranged into various themes.
- Echoing Première Vision Leather’s very selective product offer, Maison d’Exceptions, the annual event dedicated to rare savoir faire and exceptional techniques, will be present in Hall 3, in a setting conceived by the Italian designers of Segno Italiano. 27 carefully selected studios – 10 of which are brand new to the show– will reveal their exclusive creations produced using leather, fabrics and accessories.
A PROGRAMME OF SPECIALIST WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES
The forthcoming edition will see the inauguration of a Conference and Workshop Area at the very heart of the show Hall 3, on the border with Première Vision Accessories.
It will be an area for discussions and presentations, playing host to a variety of informative and inspirational events:
- A programme of conference-workshops presented by Luxury Materials Workshop, a training organisation from Florence. More information
- The Leather Fashion Breakfasts: Première Vision Leather’s fashion forecast for the spring summer 2018 season. Colours, products and key materials for the leather and fur markets. Every day from 10:30 a.m. to 11.15 a.m., Conference & Workshop Area.
- “Savoir-faire, driving innovation”: A round table proposed by the Conseil National du Cuir (French Leather Council) in partnership with the Compagnons du Devoir and the French Footwear Federation.Wednesday 8 February from 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m., Conference & Workshop Area.
LEATHER & CREATION:
Première Vision Leather has been supporting the designers of the Design Postgraduate Program run by the French Fashion Institute, IFM, since 2001. For this new edition, Première Vision Leather is offering 18 designers from the Class of 2016 the chance to present selected items from their bag, clothing and footwear collections, produced by manufacturers and prestigious luxury French and international houses. These items are produced using leather that has been provided by a number of tanneries exhibiting at the show, often at no cost.
The result of a brand-new collaboration between Première Vision Leather and The Gobelins School of Images, the Metamorphosis exhibition, located at the entrance to Hall 3, is an artistic journey through the imagination and creativity of young student photographers.
A partner since 2011 of the Hyeres International Festival of Fashion and Photography, Première Vision sponsors the Fashion Jury Grand Prix, known as the Première Vision Jury Grand Prix since 2013. Offering real support to creativity, Première Vision Paris accompanies the 10 finalists of this competition during February’s shows, assisting them in the process of designing their collections. This year also sees the launch of an Accessories Prize (leather goods, footwear, jewellery, glasses, etc.). Première Vision Paris will also welcome the 10 finalists of this new prize.
For the third consecutive year, the School of Decorative Arts (École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs) will present the accessories designed by its 2016 graduates and produced in partnership with leading artisans as part of their graduation project. Première Vision Leather will showcase the savoir-faire of tomorrow’s talent and raise their industry profile by organising an exhibition and awarding an honorary prize, the ENSAD X Leather Accessory Prize.
Tuesday 7 February: Award Ceremony from 1.30 p.m. to 2 p.m., Conference & Workshop Area.
Première Vision Leather launches the debate on responsibility and innovation in the leather sector. Wednesday February 8 at 4 p.m. – Première Vision Leather First Lounge – Mezzanine Hall 3. More information