This 15 to 17 September, the next edition of Première Vision Paris will translate into reality the strategic changes implemented by Première Vision, now the sole organiser of this ensemble of 6 fully-integrated shows. The various developments, undertakings and reorganisations stemming directly from the new brand policy launched last February are designed both to showcase the synergies between the various shows and also the specificities of each shows’ individual know-how. In keeping with this dynamic, Première Vision is evolving some of its key events, in particular the PV Awards.
This stimulating yearly event, now eagerly awaited by industry professionals, formerly awarded prizes only to the most inventive and innovative fashion textiles, chosen among the fabrics at Première Vision Fabrics. Now, for their 7th edition, the PV Awards competition is opening to leathers presented by the tanners at Première Vision Leather. In place of the 4 usual prizes, 6 different awards will be awarded in September: 3 for fabrics and 3 for leathers.
To fulfil this goal, a prestigious jury of influential personalities from the international fashion scene has been put in place. Heading it up, Première Vision is proud to welcome as Jury Presidents the design duo Livia Stoianova and Yassen Samouilov, founders of the Haute Couture brand ON AURA TOUT VU. Their taste for imagination and fantasy, the special attention they pay to innovation, their exceptional know-how and the noble, luxurious and precious, materials they use – and often put their own witty spin on – made Stoianova and Samouilov a natural match for Première Vision, which, through its shows, seeks to showcase creative excellence, advanced technology and the most innovative and qualitative materials.
THE 6 JURY PRIZES
3 prizes for Première Vision Fabrics:
• THE PV FABRICS GRAND JURY PRIZE 2015, for the most outstanding, symbolic and pertinent fabric of the season.
• THE PV FABRICS HANDLE PRIZE 2015, for the fabric allying the most astonishing tactile and behavioural qualities, the fabric that touches the emotions;
• THE PV FABRICS IMAGINATION PRIZE 2015, for the boldest, most original, most amazing fabric in terms of decoration, technique, finishing, innovation or technology.
3 new prizes for Première Vision Leather:
• THE PV LEATHER GRAND JURY PRIZE 2015, for the most exceptional, symbolic and pertinent leather of the season;
• THE PV LEATHER HANDLE PRIZE 2015, for the leather combining the most amazing tactile and behavioural qualities, the leather that touches the emotions.
• THE PV LEATHER IMAGINATION PRIZE 2015, for the most daring, original and amazing leather in terms of decoration, technique, finishing, innovation or technology.
The awards ceremony usually held the last day of the shows will be held this year on the opening day of the shows:
Tuesday 15 September at 5 pm in The Forum in Hall 6
THE JURY OF THE 7th PV AWARDS:
Livia Stoianova and Yassen Samouilov : Jury Presidents – Founders and Artistic Directors, ON AURA TOUT VU, France
Jaana Beidler – Director of the Master’s Program « Fashion and Collection Design », Université d’Aalto – School of Arts, Design and Architecture, Finland
Gabriella Cortese – Designer, Antik Batik, France
Laurent Lepainteur – Director of Leather Development, Saint Laurent Paris, France
Tasha Liu – Co-founder and marketing director, Dongliang concept store, Shanghai, China
Christophe Marcolini – Operations Manager, Pierre Hardy, France
Aniello Nasti – Director of Men’s Ready-to-Wear Collections, Roberto Cavalli, Italy
Lilian Pacce – Journalist and fashion critic, Brazil
Annelie Schubert – Young Designer, Winner of the Première Vision Grand Jury Prize at the 2015 Hyères International Festival
Claude Vuillermet – Fashion Director Première Vision Leather
Pascaline Wilhelm – Fashion Director Première Vision
2 NEW PUBLIC PRIZES ALONGSIDE THE PV AWARDS
Two public prizes have been added to the 6 prizes awarded by the Jury at the 7th PV Awards:
- The PV Fabrics Public Prize 2015
- The PV Leather Public Prize 2015
For the first time, show visitors and the entire community following Première Vision’s news on social media can take part in the PV Awards and choose the fabrics or leathers of their choice.
From next 14 to 21 September, anyone can vote by going to Première Vision’s Facebook page. It’s simple: for each category (Leather and Fabric) the voter simply “likes” the photos of the product he or she prefers.
The fabric and the leather receiving the most “likes” will win the PV Awards public prizes.